Monday, July 12, 2010

Finally Finished

I finally finished three  out of four of my landscape projects from this spring. They are stretched around artist canvases and stapled at the back. I work on a muslin background and use steam- a- seam to fuse fabric pieces down. I mostly work free -form from photos and don't cut pattern pieces. The sky is hand painted with Seta colour fabric paint. I find it easier to find skies in the colours that I want if I paint them myself.  The pieces are free-motion stitched  with invisible and decorative threads. I used angelina for the mist on the mountain and added beads and embellishments.


These two are from a picture from the Dallas- Barnhartvale nature park looking towards town.


This one is 36 x 12 and is a from a picture that I took last February of Kamloops Lake looking toward Mt. Peter and Paul. There was skim of snow on the hills.

No comments:

Post a Comment