Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thompson Valley Potters & Weavers


Last Saturday was the Thompson Valley Potters and Weavers Guild sale downtown.


The show was very well attended and people were coming in and shopping all day. I did well and was excited because I sold lots of big items ( as well as other items), including my long "Tranquille Spring" fabric landscape.  I also sold the expensive puff chenille poncho like the one I gave to Corrie. I only made 3 and now they are all gone.


The people that bought the big landscape, also bought a smaller Kamloops Lake landscape and were sneaking around buying  the Tranquille one as a Christmas gift for a woman from Vernon who fell in love with it. It's the biggest peice of art I've ever sold. I just tried making the bigger peices last winter to see if I could do it and managed to get 3 out of 4 peices finished . Two have now sold. It's nice when people appreciate your work especially art.

I always sell lots of weaving but the landscapes are more fun!


Now I just have to weave more scarves for a few galleries that want my work before Christmas and then I'll have time to play again!






Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment