Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Road trip



Yesterday some friends and I took a road trip to Salmon Arm and Armstrong. We were mostly shopping at the quilt stores, but I wanted to check out Denise's new gallery in downtown Salmon Arm. It's called the Osprey gallery and it's on Alexander, which is the one-way street heading down from the highway towards the lake. Denise wants some of my weaving in her gallery and I needed to have a look at it before I bring her some scarves. The gallery is beautiful and elegant and has three of Denise's art quilts and several of John Burrows fantastic paintings.






We drove home through Falkland and found a great little yarn store that we didn't know was there. We stopped for a break at a charming little 50's style diner in Westwold and got home just before dark.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment