Tuesday, April 20, 2010

April Weaving, Silk Scaves

I finished a warp of 3 silk scarves .  These are from a warp I painted last August. They are 2/8 silk from the Silk Tree, sett at 24 epi, 5" wide.  I put on 10 yds for 3 scarves plus samples. They are woven in 2 block twill on my  8 harness Baby Wolf loom. The weft is hand dyed 2/20 silk from Treenway. I dyed the silk in  a crock pot  outside on my sundeck in February. Silk has a strange smell when it is dyeing, so I like to do it outside. I use Lanaset/Telena dyes for my silk.  I use the 2/20 doubled on a bobbin for the block scarves and singly for the collapse weave.


collapse weave with single 2/20 weft

I am twisting the fringe on 2 more scaves at the moment and weaving another two in 12/2 silk.  I should have this warp off today and plan to put another warp on tomorrow. That will leave one more painted warp to finish up this spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment