Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Weaving on Wednesday

Some pictures of weaving in progress.





A warp of 2/8 cotton in huck lace for tea towels. The warp came out a little bit narrower than I had planned, so the towels will be small, but I like the colours. I was just trying to use up green cotton that I had left over from an order for a lime green runner.




The last silk warp on my baby wolf.  This warp is off now and I will take more photos when all the fringes have been twisted.



A chenille warp on my Nilus loom. I put on 13 yds of chenille , shading colours across my sectional warp beam. This is an experiment to try using chenille warp and weft and to use merino for differential shrinkage. The sett is 16 epi.  I cut one piece  off after weaving 86", to check shrinkage. I washed it by soaking it in the machine with little or no agitation and carefully spinning some water out and drying it in the dryer until it had shrunk to the size and look that I wanted.  It came out beautiful and velvety and just the right size. I'm really pleased with it. I plan to make a poncho for Corrie plus 1 other poncho and a shawl.

No comments:

Post a Comment