Thursday, June 24, 2010

Colours of June

  Here are some pictures of a rainy June day in our yard.  We've had a lot of rain all month, the river and creeks are filled up and the drought fears have eased around our area.
raindrops on our pond

the peonies have been beautiful



The rainy June has meant that the grasslands are still a bright green and the wild flowers are putting on a show this year.

chocolate lilies

Here is a link to Life Looms Large with some more pictures of the Colours of June from around the world.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful colors of June! I especially like how well you captured the raindrops on different flowers. That's a photographic challenge I haven't mastered. (One of many)

    Your roses are spectacular! Thanks for sharing your colors!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. My secret to capturing raindrops is just to use a good lense and take a lot of pictures. Digital cameras are wonderful!

    Thanks for doing the colours of the month challenge. It's been a lot of fun.

    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so beautiful. I do love this challenge from Sue each month - she in New Hampshire, you in British Columbia and me in the Great Basin. It's the prettiest of globalization.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always pleasantly surprised by the plants that you have in your area that are the same as we have where I grew up in Douglas County WA (20 miles east of Lake Chelan) We had a HUGE, HUGE hedge of those yellow roses - In fact I think there were three or four hedges they made great places for my grandma's chickens to hide out from hawks and kittens to hide out from inquisitive little girls...:-) T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Surprising how much better raindrops look in a picture than in real life... Nice photos!

    ReplyDelete